December 22, 2010

End of Year - Start of Raids

So it’s now two days out from Christmas. I guess the WoW Cataclysm launch frenzy has somewhat died down now, but there is still a lot of activity going on out there. My guild, Labyrinth of Lost Souls (Saurfang) has seen a big increase in not only new recruits, but active members; I guess an expansion will do that.

Working on all the new content with guildies, especially the new heroics has been great so far. In many ways it has felt a little like 5-man raiding. Wiping many times on some of the harder bosses was a learning process, having to remember all those skills from Vanilla and BC (how not to break CC!) and all that. I have to say though that I have enjoyed not steamrolling everything for a change. The joy in finally getting that tricky boss down (hello Ozruk) is akin to dropping the troublesome ICC bosses (I’m looking at you PP).

It has also been great playing with some truly competent players – I gave up on pugs a long time ago. Makes the whole process a lot better when you are working though it with people who are a) prepared to stick it out till we get it right and b) have the skill to get it right. Check out this great guide from one of my guildies, Glowberry, on resto druid healing and CC; find it here.

Back at LoLS and we have scheduled our first raid for 5 January. Should be interesting to see how that goes, so look out for some thoughts after the event. Tackling the raid content right from the start with this group will be good. We managed to reach guild server rank 19 after only forming in December 2009, so we should be up there or higher this time round now that we will be raiding content from release.

Until then however I am heading off to the New South Wales wine country with the wife for some R&R– and just a touch of yummy tastings (wine, cheese and chocolate oh my!). A week without WoW or computer will be a nice break and should leave me refreshed and ready to tackle the new raids.

Till then – have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all! See you on the other side.

Voros

Warbringer O’mrogg:
Left head: Me hungry!
Right head: You always hungry. That why we so fat!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Voros :-) hope you had a great Christmas, sounds like my kind of vacation!

    ReplyDelete